The weather is getting warmer (and warmer) and school is officially over for the year. If you’re wondering how to keep the “We’re bored!!” complaints at bay, we’re here to help! Here are some fun activities happening around Lodi to keep the kids active and entertained during the summer months.
San Joaquin County Fair (June 14-18): The San Joaquin County Fair will feature fun for everyone with main stage entertainment, concerts, a carnival, agriculture, livestock, food, live entertainment, and exhibits. Check out the full list of entertainment here!
Fun & Education
Micke Grove Summer Zoo Camps: Go wild with Micke Grove Zoo this summer! Summer Zoo Camps are available for kids aged 5-11. All camps run from 9AM-Noon, Monday-Friday. Register online today.
- Jr. Zookeepers (June 19-23): Learn what Micke Grove zoo animals need and get some hands-on practice in critter care while behind-the-scenes at the zoo
- Zoo Detectives (June 26-30): Solve a new mystery at the zoo with animal science and smart thinking.
- Zoo Party Planners (July 10-14): Plan, play, and design the games, crafts & activities for the Zoo’s 60th Anniversary Party this summer.
- Wild Water Play Days (July 17-21): It’s wet and wild zoo play time! Get crazy at the zoo in the sun with frozen t-shirts, bug popsicles and squirt gun tag.
Athletics & Sports Instruction
Aquatics: Stay cool and beat the heat with public swimming at Lodi Lake Beach and Hutchins Street Square Pool
Stockton Ports Youth Baseball Camps: This annual event will be held on June 24-25 and July 22-23. This baseball camp is open to boys and girls aged 5-13. This is a great opportunity for kids to learn baseball and softball skills from the future faces of the Oakland A’s! The camp includes: daily lunch, ticket to the Sunday Ports game, Junior Ports the day of the game, and a t-shirt.
Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM)
MakerFest (WOW Science Museum): MakerFest is a hands-on experience where visitors are encouraged to experiment with materials and ideas to fully understand their abilities. Have fun, learn from errors, and unstructured time to explore and invent.
Summer of Science Camps (WOW Science Museum): Keep your kids engaged this summer at a World of Wonders Science Summer Camp. Summer camps are for kids aged 7-12 and run from 9am-2pm. Extended care hours are available for the main summer camps are available. Please contact WOW for more details.
- Potent Potions (June 12-16): Experience an explosive week of chemistry fun using common household materials to learn about states of matter, acids and bases, chemical reactions, and more.
- Mini Maker Mania (June 19-23): Learn basic engineering concepts through hands-on experiments and activities. Design, build and destroy things in this hands-on camp!
- Science MagiCamp (July 10-14): Explore behind-the-scenes of a magic show by conducting science experiments that seem like magic while discovering the principles behind them.
- Super Science Sampler (July 17-21): Designed to inspire and challenge campers, have fun experiencing a wide array of science and technology disciplines like forensics, biology, physics and more!
Carnival of Science (WOW Science Museum): Send-off summer with a scientific twist! Head down to the WOW for a day of fun. July 29th from 10AM – 4PM.
Need more ideas? Try this Summer Bucket List for more fun activities.